| Your advert can be here! |
See our Rates
You are visitor number
FastCounter by LinkExchange
to directly access this site.
Details of awards received by the Signpost are here.
All contents copyright © 2007 Readout Publications
| The Read-Out Instrumentation Signpost
Measurement, Control and Automation Resources throughout the World
Date of last update as at the top of the list.
New Additions to the Read-Out Instrumentation Signpost
New Additions to the Signpost Site. Month when these were added are shown (Dates in accordance with European usage).
Wireless conquers conservatism! - Mike Spear, editor at large for Chemical Processing. (June 2007)
Why go wireless? - Geoff Brazier answers questions o applications, pitfalls, & best Practices (Flow Control Network Nov. 2007).
The WiMAX Forum® comprises operators, component and equipment companies in the communications ecosystem.
WiMAX is a standards-based technology enabling the delivery of last mile wireless broadband access as an alternative to wired broadband like cable and DSL.
Analytica-world.com "The entire world of analysis at a glance," from Munich International Trade Fairs and Chemie.DE.
Directory of Lost Companies WIKI Here are more than 200 companies whose name, ownership, or product line has changed significantly over the period from 1990 to 2007. This is a WIKI so may be altered, updated etc by many contributors. If you know of a company which has been subsumed, acquired or has changed its name then share your knowledge with this useful director mantained by ControlGlobal.
BACnet® International is an organization that encourages the successful use of BACnet® in building automation and control systems through interoperability testing educational programs, and promotional activities.
Report on EPM's launch of Smart Wireless and Management for Turbomachinery Products held in Vienna 28/9 Nov 2007.
- December 2007 News
- EDDL is a text-based language for describing the digital communication
characteristics of intelligent devices and equipment parameters in an
Operating System (OS) and Human Machine Interface (HMI)-neutral environment.
EDDL enables a host system manufacturer to create a single engineering
environment that can support any device, from any supplier, using any
communications protocol, without the need for custom software drivers for
each device type.
- News September 2007
- WirelessHART "...the first open wireless communication standard specifically designed for process measurement and control applications."
- CC-Link (Control & Communication Link) is a field network system that processes both control and information data at high speed, to provide efficient, integrated factory and process automation.
- Now that the Fieldbus Wars have been settled (?) it's time for another war. Is it Wireless? Jim thinks so and his muse has struck once again with The Industrial Wireless Quadrille. Read and enjoy!
- The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, abbreviated as SICE, was established in 1961 in Japan. It has been a leading academic society in the field of measurement- and control-related science and technology, which is a transdisciplinary field. Therefore, it is not restricted to traditional disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, or chemical engineering. SICE covers the following areas: measurement, control, cognition, behavior, communication, information, and system sciences and technologies.
- Mackey's Musing Steve Mackey of IDC Technologies puts his thoughts on-line!
- PXI Systems Alliance (PXISA) A group of more than 70 companies that share a common commitment to end-user success with open, multivendor CompactPCI systems for applications in test and measurement, industrial automation and data acquisition.
- Presentations at the Wireless Track (at Pharmatex 2007 12/9/2007)
- July 2007 News
- measurIT Technologies suppliers of valves,sensors and systems!
- Industrial Wireless Centre Industrial wireless solutions can help to reduce manufacturing costs as well as improve safety, reliability and productivity. This Knowledge Center, from Control Magazine's web presence is designed to equip users with the information needed to get started in wireless, especially how to make choices that will migrate forward as the applications grow, as well as maintain investment as the technology continues to evolve.
Live from the 2007 Foxboro User Group - Walt has been on his travels again - this time in at Foxboro's Boston event!
Universal Industrial Plant Mfg. Co. (P) Ltd Oxygen Machinery, Liquid Oxygen Pumps, Oxygen Plant Exporter, Nitrogen Plants Supplier, Acetylene Plants, Oxygen filling plants.
- Transmission and
Distribution distribute a e-newsletter, Test, Monitor &
Control which delivers news and updates about the importance of
utilities tracking the condition of their lines and substations to
effectively maintain and operate them.
Click here to view the most
Introduction to Fieldbus Moore Industries's useful Introduction to Fieldbus says "Fieldbus is simple. So simple, you'll wonder what all the
fuss is all about. In this article, we'll stick to the two
basic fieldbuses used in process control: PROFIBUS PA
and FOUNDATION fieldbus™ H1. We'll cover how
fieldbus works, show how to connect instruments, and
explain why - in most cases - you can't connect all 32
instruments on a single fieldbus segment as all the
CAN - a brief tutorial from Computer Solutions
Telesian Technology podcasts keep up to date with the world of Marketing and eBusiness.
Embedded USB - a brief tutorial - If you need your embedded application to talk to a PC then increasingly the way to go is USB. Unlike the good old parallel or serial cables these interfaces are far from simple to implement, debug or program.(Computer Solutions)
- May 2007 News
- MathSciEng This website is dedicated to sharing information related to maths, science and engineering!
- INCOTERMS 2000 are internationally accepted commercial terms defining the respective roles of the buyer and seller in the arrangement of transportation and other responsibilities and clarify when the ownership of the merchandise takes place. They are used in conjunction with a sales agreement or other method of transacting the sale.
- February 2007 News
The ABCs of XML, Parts 1, 2 & 3 This three-part series for CONTROL introduces readers to the basic rules of XML, its terminology and related standards, and discusses what you'll need to know to survive in the world of connected data.
- Careerjet is an employment search engine for Ireland.
- The Ethernet University The purpose of the university is to educate the public on the benefits of deploying Industrial Ethernet in a variety of solutions for applications.