| Your advert can be here! |
See our Rates
You are visitor number
FastCounter by LinkExchange
to directly access this site.
Details of awards received by the Signpost are here.
All contents copyright © 2000 Readout Publications
| The Read-Out Instrumentation Signpost |
Measurement, Control and Automation Resources throughout the World
Date of last update as at the top of the list.
New Additions to the Read-Out Instrumentation Signpost
New Additions to the Signpost Site. Dates when these were added are included. Dates follow the European Custom - d/m/yy.
- News during December 2000
If you want a nice place to stay in West Connemara we recomend Lough Fadda for a really warm welcoming stay in the most beautiful part of the West - well so we're told!
- Arguably the implimentation of what has been called Part 11 is having a very critical effect on modern production and processes. One of the most fundamental changes in process industry today is the introduction of electronic documentation. In quality management treaceability is of prime importance.
A more European based optoelectronic directory is Internet Optics Pages. A Buyers Guide of over 100 categories of Optical, Photonic, Laser, Fibre Optic, Electro-optic, Optoelectronic, Imaging, Material Processing, Test & Measurement, Sources and Applied Optical Products & Systems. This also includes Components, Detectors, Cameras, Thin Film, IR Technology, Spectroscopy, Vacuum & Services to the Optics, Photonics, Imaging & Fibre Optics Industries.
- Engineering Direct.com "the world's first interactive portal website for engineering and related industries. Each of our specialised sections are aimed to promote the electronic sourcing of products, services and solutions amongst a rapidly developing global audience of professionals."
- News during October 2000
- Scada Mail List
- Water & Waste Treatment, an English magazine.
- isajobs.org A centralised location for employers and jobseekers alike. Though this site will inevitably start as a North American site there is no reason with the growing globalisation of this organisation that other territories should be represented also.
- GE Fanuc Europe have taken an advert on our News Page.
- Fibre Systems News, Products and Applications for Europe.
- For Automation Professionals, The Control Zone offers features designed to drastically improve research, comparison and selection of products.
- Laser Focus World, The World of Optoelectronics.
- WeighMart is a portal dedicated only to the field of Weight Measurement; "for getting the best information & deal on specific requirement of weight measurement."
- AG-E, Jetter, Kuka, Lenze, Phoenix Contact and Sick and more recently Group Schneider and RTI, have founded The IDA Group to develop a standard Ethernet TCP/IP - based interface for distributed automation solutions.
- e-instruments.com - the "first, independent e-commerce center for process-measurement instrumentation." This is a multilingual site. The German language versions seems to be the most complete.
- American Technical Publishers Ltd is an English based outlet for many US published works and standards including ASTM and ISA.
- The European Proficiency Testing Information System (EPTS) contains comprehensive information on regularly organised proficiency testing schemes (PTS) in the European Union.
- EDIE - Environmental Data Interactive Exchange - "the online community for water, waste & environment professionals"
- CEP - Chemical Engineering Progress - a publication of the AIChE.
- MyPlant.com is an online source for comprehensive resources, services and knowledge-based solutions to improve operational performance and solve plant problems. Honewell Corporation backs this resource.
- Mechanical Engineering - published by The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- eCalibration.com's mission is to be the premier resource for calibration professionals worldwide. Our intent is to provide a clearinghouse of information and services specific to managing the calibration function within the manufacturing arena.
- Welcome PEMA! - We are delighted to welcome PEMA to our growing numbers of advertisers on The Read-Out Instrumentation Signpost.
- Engineer's Digest.
- Software Strategies - solving critical business issues in manufacturing.
- Plant Automation.com is a portal focussed exclusively on the use of automation and control systems in bothe desvcrete and process industries.
- Engineering Talk is an information site from Britain for product designers automation engineers covering industry news and the latest components and services.
- Microwaves & RF "for designers at higher frequencies!"
- IPP&T - Industrial Process Products & Technology is a Canadian trade magazine for process plant managers, operating managers and engineers in the process industries.
- InstrumentationGuide.com is an Indian based resource.
- MotionControl.com is a vertical industry portal ('vortal' - apologies!!!) and a starting point for internet users interewsted in the motion control industry.
- News September 2000
- New items prior to year 2000
- June 2000 Archived News.
| NEW WAY AROUND SITE! - We've put up a MAP as a possibly easier way to find your way around the site. |
- B&B Electronics
- An interesting site aimed particularly at our Emigrants is The Irish Emigrant. This ePublication features news, views and its subsidiary publication The IE Professional features business, financial and academic news including jobs.
- Net Temps "A world of Jobs neatly Packaged." Net-Temps is an employment portal targeted specifically to the contract and temporary employment markets. (US)
- In 1990, a number of prominent members of the Systems and Control community from countries of the European Union decided to set up an organization, named The European Union Control Association (EUCA), the main purposes of which is to promote initiatives aiming at enhancing scientific exchanges, disseminating information, coordinating research networks and technology transfer in the field of Systems and Control within the Union.
- Pro-Tech Leaders in Plastic Repair
- May 2000 and April 2000 Archived News.
- April Archived News.
- The HART Book- International guide to HART-based products and services published periodically. Includes HART technical information and product editorial. The directory within the book has details of over 500 product families from 110 vendor companies plus worldwide sources.
- The Industrial Ethernet Book - `Enhancing Automation and Internet Connectivity' which includes technical, market, fieldbus and product insights.
- Headhunter.net claims to provide one of the largest, high-traffic sources of employment information on the Internet for job seekers, employers and recruiters. The site currently has over 200,000 job listings that are never more than 30 days old, with salary values ranging from entry level to over $500,000, and over 200,000 current resumes. (USA)
- March Archived News
- The ISA Spain Section
- China Instrument and Control Society (CIS), based in Beijing.
- Control.com is the product of the famous Automation Control Mail List The purpose of this list or group is to foster discussion among those involved in the development and use of automation-related technologies as applied in manufacturing processes. Shared experience and knowledge in a non-promotional and technically diverse venue is the goal.
It is administered by Ken Crater, who may be reached via email at email@example.com.
- New Statistics Page -
| The counter read 28483 on 31st December 1999. We have now put in a Statistics' Page so you can see how many visitors are visiting our site week by week. |
- The Distance Learning Course Finder contains over 50,000 courses - For all of those who have been thinking, "I should further my degree or go back to school but I have no time" The Distance Learning Course Finder is here to help you make the first step.It includes a directory of over 50,000 distance learning courses from 65 countries worldwide.
- What's on on St Patrick's Day?
- New fieldbus resource - Henk van der Biezen former director European operations of the Fieldbus Foundation is involved in an new activity FieldbusPlaza.com for the benefit of the end-users and covering all available fieldbus technologies today.
- The Society of St Vincent de Paul for the poor and disadvantaged in society.
- National Engineering Resources advertises for Instrument people. (US)
- Comparative table - the leading Canadian automation publication Manufacturing Automation has produced an extensive table showing the technical specs, advantages/disadvantages, etc. of Profibus, DeviceNet, AS-i, SDS, Interbus and CANopen.
- Fieldbus Portal is a useful comparison chart set up by Armin Steinhoff of STEINHOFF Automations & Feldbus-Systeme of Germany. There is also a very nice Fieldbus Classification Chart in pdf format available from this page.
- Avila Prayer Group
- Find useful information about the Japanese electric measuring instruments market on the Jemima Site (Japan Electric Measuring Instrument Manufacturers' Association.)
- February Archived News